WordPress is an open-source MySQL and PHP-based content management system (CMS) created by Matt Mullenweg and Mike Little in 2003. It is one of the most popular CMS’s today, powering over 70 million websites worldwide.
- A plethora of themes to choose from - Shopify comes with a variety of themes to make your store stand out from the crowd. Just check out our theme gallery for options.
- Flexibility - With WordPress, you can transform a basic website into a bespoke solution for your business, with the help of thousands of plugins available.
- Simplicity and ease of use - WordPress’s GUI allows you to create, manage and publish content with ease. You can create posts and pages, manage their accessibility, and insert media with a few clicks of a button.
- User management - This feature lets you manage access to the dashboard by user-group or individual administrators.
- Multilingual - WordPress is available in more than 70 languages.
- Search Engine Optimised - By default, WordPress sites are optimised for search engines right out of the box. However, you can finetune your website’s SEO control with plenty of SEO plugins available.
- Regular Updates - Zeald runs updates on both your WordPress CMS and its plugins at the backend to guarantee minimal to no interruptions while you run your website, while keeping your website protected from security issues.
NOTE: If you do encounter a prompt to upgrade on your Zeald website, follow the instructions here to know what to do.
- Issues with plugins - While plugins allow you to easily extend the functionality of your WordPress website, the wrong plugin or combination of plugins can wreak havoc on your site or compromise its security. Don’t rely on free plugins, as the cheapest may not always be the best option.
- Content Management made easy - Create, edit, manage and publish posts and pages with just a few clicks of a button. You can also format your pages and posts easily with the Divi Builder that comes with your Zeald WordPress website.
- Media Management - Easily incorporate images and other types of media into your posts or pages. WordPress’s media uploader lets you drag and drop images into the uploader and optimise them by adding metatags and captions. It also comes with a few image editing tools.
- Access Management - Manage access to your website dashboard by assigning access levels to your users. This not only lets you have a variety of contributors to your website. It also protects your content and website from accidental omission or editing, when there are more than one user tied up to your WordPress account.
- WRC Compliance - Thanks to its compliance with WRC standards, WordPress websites remain forward compatible with current and next generation browsers.
- Plugins and API’s - While WordPress itself come packed with lots of features, Plugins and API’s open more possibilities to your website. They allow you to extend its functionality to make it customised according to your needs. Just contact our support team if you would like to add more features to your website.
- SEO Optmised - By default, WordPress is already Search Engine Optimised right out of the box. However, if you would like to fine-tune your website’s SEO and reports, you can choose from a plethora of SEO plugins available. Just contact our support team if you would like to add an SEO plugin to your website.
- Multilingual - WordPress is available in more than 70 languages. Contact our support team if you would like to use WordPress in a language other than English. .
Core and official plugins
- Divi Builder - A plugin that lets you modify the site’s design itself, without having to change the theme.
- Google Analytics by MonsterInsights - This plugin makes it simple to add Google Analytics to your WordPress site
- Yoast SEO - The first true all-in-one SEO solution for WordPress, including XML Sitemaps and page analysis
- WordPress Importer 0.6.1,wp-all-import - Import posts, pages, comments, custom fields, categories, tags and more from a WordPress export file.
WordPress is recommended for small to medium-sized businesses.
INTEGRATIONS AND THIRD PARTY APPLICATIONS
If you would like to enhance your website’s functionality through additional plugins and features, it is important for you to know that Zeald cannot recommend one plugin for any purpose. Hence, it’s best to talk to our support team or your Digital Business Strategist (DBS) for recommendations.