Manually setting your Zeald email using POP3
While you can use your webmail, you can also manually set up your email on your own email client (Microsoft Outlook, Mac OS X Mail, etc.).
NOTE: As a convenience to our clients, we can provide some information and links about how to set up various third party email client products. However, we do not provide direct support for these products. If you have difficulty setting up your email client, you may need to seek advice from an IT specialist to setup your computer or your phone.
Mail Server Settings
Incoming (pop3) mail server
The incoming mail server details for clients on Zeald’s Domain & Email Manager are:
- Type: pop3
- Server: mail1.zeald.com
- Port: 110
Clients on Zeald’s iServe Legacy Hosting – incoming mail server details are:
- Type: pop3
- Server: pop3.zeald.com
- Port: 110
NOTE: Please ensure that Secure Password Authantication (SPA) /SSL is turned OFF while you’re setting up your email.
Outgoing (SMTP) mail server
Zeald cannot provide you with SMTP server details, as many Internet Service Providers (ISP) block access to external SMTP servers as a measure to control spam. Usually, configure the settings for you, or provide you with the details of the SMTP server. Contact your ISP for more information.
|Internet Service Provider (ISP)||SMTP Server|
Username and password
Zeald will provide you with an email and password. If you have forgotten your password, you will need to reset it by logging into the master account on Domain & Email Manager.
If you are on Zeald iServe Legacy Hosting, your username will be different to your email address, and if you have forgotten your password you will need to contact the Zeald Support Team.
Follow the instructions on the link below to set up your email client.
How to create profile and set up an e-mail account in Outlook
To setup an email address on Apple Mail, please follow the instructions below or visit Apple Mail Support
- Open Mail (click it on the Dock or open it from the Applications folder).
- If the “Welcome to Mail” assistant does not appear, choose Add Account from the File menu.
- Fill in the Full Name, Email address, and Password fields.
Note: Your email account password will be stored in Keychain and used automatically to login to your email account when you open Mail.
- Deselect “Automatically set up account” if it is enabled. Click Continue to proceed.
- Choose the proper Account Type.
- Give your account a useful description, such as “Bob’s business email”. It can be called whatever you want.
- Enter your Incoming Mail Server, Username and Password.
Incoming Mail server details below (for Zealds’ Domain name & Email manager)[ Type: pop3, server: mail1.zeald.com, port:110 ]
Ensure secure password authentication/ssl etc is turned off
Click on Continue to proceed.
- If prompted, enter your Incoming Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- For Outgoing Mail Server, a useful description such as “Xtra Outgoing Mail Server” or “Vodafone Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Enter the Outgoing Mail Server details.
Your Outgoing mail server details will depend on which Internet Service Provider (ISP) you are with
eg. Telecom Xtra, Vodafone, Slingshot, Orcon etcsome examples of Outgoing (SMTP) mail server details
Internet Service Provider (ISP) SMTP Server Xtra send.xtra.co.nz Orcon mail.orcon.net.nz IHUG smtp.ihug.co.nz Vodafone smtp.vodafone.co.nz Slingshot smtp.slingshot.co.nz
Zeald cannot provide you with an SMTP server because many ISPs block access to external SMTP servers as a measure to control spam.If you do not see your Internet Service Provider (ISP) above, you will need to contact your ISP’s helpdesk for the details.
- If necessary, select “Use Authentication” and enter your User Name and Password. Click Continue to proceed.
Please note for Domain Manager hosting, the username is the same as the e-mail address.
- If prompted, enter your Outgoing Mail Security settings. Click Continue to proceed.
- Verify your settings in the Account Summary. Check “Take account online”. Click “Create” to complete the process.